Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hello, Shit and Money.

This is my 'blog. Which is short for weblogalogablog.

I have been struggling for eons to come up with an interesting / money-spinning concept to make into a 'blog.

Sadly the best I managed was nothing but toilet-humour in extremis : LogBlog and Rate-my-Shit.

I realised that no-one, not even the scatologically curious would ever want to see these websites, and neither would I want to put them together. Certainly, impossible to monetise.

I failed: which is why this blog is entirely not-for-profit, like a charity, but not so benevolent.

But who really cares about money? Really? Apart from these guys?

The only thing I do for money is go to work, doing something I dislike in exchange for crisp ten-pound-notes and the knowledge that I could afford to pay the mortgage.

Everything else I do, I do for enjoyment, for love, for keeping my fingers busy. I hate the combination of business and pleasure. I keep falling into that trap, and regret it terribly.

I'd love to get paid for doing things I love, but I wouldn't want to do the things I love for money, if you know what I mean.

I'm rambling now. Sorry. You'll see I do that. A lot. An awful lot.

Or, if like me, you read 'blogs from newest to oldest, you will have already seen that.

I'm sorry.

Truly truly sorry.

And please send your loose change or generous donations to actual charities, not me.

Try the NSPCC or the Alzheimer's Society. Go on, they won't bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment