The monarchy is an affront to the dignity of the free citizen. It is an offence to the law-abiding and the tax-paying that the universality which justifies their submission to tax and to law is critically undermined by the most famous of their countrymen.
- I don't believe that there should be a Monarchy.
- I don't respect any unelected person who claims to rule over me, purely by accident of birth and the fallacy of God's Will.
- Mainly because I don't believe in God.
- And because unelected power can only be opposed by revolution.
- And I'm a pacifist.
- Who gets married on a Friday?
- Because that's just showing off. Why not get hitched on a Saturday?
- Then we wouldn't be forced into marking the big day with a Bank Holiday.
- Forced into a pro-Monarchy position whether we like it or not.
- And where is my invite?
- Oh yeah, I'm not a dictator with an appalling human rights record. I forgot.
- Can you genuinely think of a more effective and salient time to protest the Monarchy?
- Me neither.
- If it's love, then good luck to them. Like all couples marrying for the right reason (love) I sincerely hope that that love stays with them until the end.
- But I don't really care that they are getting married anymore than I care any other people I've never met are getting married.
- And I resent the fact that they will one day claim ownership of the land in which I live.
- Therefore, I ain't getting no bunting out.
Take a black woman and a black man too / give them to the Royals so they can screw / Black woman with Edward /Black man with Andrew / Then the Windsors would have some colour.../ Edward would be pleased and Andrew would be happy and gay / And they'd set the rules by which they'd played.Now these would be weddings / sex-tapes I might be interested in seeing.